Why should I be Coached?
The SMD Coaching Network is dedicated to serving men and women by helping them reach their missional destiny. We all have somewhere we want to go. Maybe we want to improve our leadership skills. Maybe we want to start a new ministry within the church or take it to the next level. Maybe we want to improve a particular skill set. Maybe we feel called to plant a church or work to revitalize a current church experience. So how can coaching help get you there?
- Provide encouragement for the journey
- Cultivate wisdom and strategic insights
- Discover breakthrough opportunities
- Maintain focus on the truly important issues
- Transform vision into reality through a process of discovery and accountability
What are some typical reasons someone might work with a Coach?
An individual or team might choose to work with a coach for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- Something urgent, compelling or exciting is at stake (a challenge, stretch goal or opportunity)
- A gap exists in knowledge, skills, confidence or resources
- A desire to accelerate results
- A lack of clarity with choices to be made
- Success has started to become problematic
- Work and life are out of balance, creating unwanted consequences
- Core strengths need to be identified, along with how best to leverage them
- Taken from www.coachfederation